Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sharing - China Hutch Book Case


So for 6 months we've had one box that has remains unpacked since our move. For 6 months it has sat in the garage. This box is packed full to the top with BOOKS. We have no bookcase. We have lots and lots of those short 3-shelf units from walmart but they are holding DVDs, printers, textbooks....everything but our huge collection of novels. Last night we spent the evening spring cleaning the garage and we once again pushed this box to the side as I shouted "If only we had a shelf!" Yes, it was that dramatic.

Tonight I don't know what came over me but I thought it would be adorable to have all our books stacked in our bare china hutch my grandmother gave to us. Not wanting it to look too old fashioned in our hip-living-in-sin-pad, I've been searching for ideas to update the hutch.

I stacked the books by genre or series and decorated the stacks with photos or candles or used glasses as bookends. I love it!




!!AND there's plenty of room for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment