Sunday, February 13, 2011

DIY - New Look 6033

This weekend I had a few free hours and wanted to try out the New Look pattern (6033) I bought a couple weeks ago.


Review:

Pattern: New Look 6033 - Tunic A w/alterations

Ease – 4/5

Difficulties – The V-neck band was a pain to align and attach. Mine is crooked but I won't admit it... Otherwise the instructions were very easy to follow. There are only a few steps to follow for the tunic. This fabric had no stretch and I had to line up the stripes.

Alterations - I didn't make a facing for the neck band because I had enough trouble attaching one of them. Also, judging by the picture on the envelope i figured the tunic would be way too long for me so I decided to shorten it. When I finally tried it on I realized it was now too short. That's why I added the band at the bottom. I spiced things up with some flounces at the side seams.

Make it again? – I am making it again in a knit, which hopefully will be easier, construction wise. I probably won't put the band at the bottom and make the tunic more blousy or A-line. I liked using bias tape for the neckline and armholes but I'm not sure how that will work with the knit fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment