Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DIY - Sewn Fall - Vogue Blouse

Vogue V1261 Alice + Olivia Misses' Tunics

This top (the view in grey) was incredibly simple and took no time at all. If I had any extra knit in my stash I would have whipped up several more copies. With only 4 seams and a neck binding I was able to put this together faster than an episode of The Tudors.  I cut out the pattern for all views, and I'm pretty sure the green one is my next project...I'm not too keen on that collar...


This is how I wore it to work today. I love the back! It's so flowy and shiny in this crinkled fabric and very light and comfy.  When weather permits I'm going to break out the knit pants and boots (It's Florida, leave me alone) to better balance out the fullness of the blouse.


 This is my new necklace, I had to show it off! Its a large silver chain with a delicate black and gold chain threaded through the links. Don't worry that's not real bone, it's porcelain, but it is a great look for Fall. I have a few inches of these chains left and I think a matching bracelet might be in order.


 I love this pattern but I wish I had bought the package with size medium instead of large. There is just sooooo much fullness that I lose my waistline, but that is a price I'm willing to pay for comfy-ness.  The neckline is also a little wide but I think the green sweater will fit better and then I can Frankenstein the 2 patterns for a perfect fit! I serged/rolled the hem and the sleeves. I tried to hem the sleeves but ended up putting holes in this delicate fabric by stretching as I was sewing. These sleeves are actually 2" shorter than the pattern now... I like the rolled edge for the hem because it allows it to flow a little softer, where an actual hem might have weighed it down too much.

PS - I think Vogue patterns are on sale at Joann's Oct 27-29 for $3.99 - I would definitely snatch this one up!
PPS - McCall's patterns are on sale for 99c Oct 16-22 and Butterick's for $1.99 Oct 27-29. Had to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment