Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eat - Lemon Garlic Chicken

We have a lot of chicken to cook up in my kitchen. This is only the beginning. I know I'll be sick of chicken by day two though so I need new recipes. This is one I stumbled across on FoodNetwork.com and modified it a little bit to fit the ingredients I have and servings I needed.

Heat oven to 450

Ingredients:
3 thin chichen breasts
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T rosemary leaves
3 T olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 C white cooking wine
1 T montreal steak seasoning
2 medium zucchinis, chopped
3 small sweet peppers
1 T all-purpose seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Spray bottom of baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Layer zucchini and peppers, coat with all-purpose seasoning.
3. In a bowl mix together garlic, rosemary, oil, and lemon zest. Add chicken and coat with mix.
4. Lay chicken in baking pan over zucchini and pour remaining mixture on chicken. Make sure the garlic is on the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and pour lemon juice and wine over chicken.
7. Turn oven off and place baking pan back in for 5 minutes.
8. Serve chicken, spooning remaining juice on chicken and vegetables.

Before

After

I served mine with some super healthy (butter-covered) baked potatos :)

1 comment: