Thursday, August 4, 2011

DIY - Beaded Leather Bracelet

Project #3 from my July DIY Pins can be found all over the internet at the moment. This is the Pin I came across for a tutorial over at How-To-Make-Jewelry. I know it's August and this is super late but at least I got it done! Better late than never right? Right!


You can see my list of favorite DIY Pins for July here

I tried to find a good photo tutorial for you but haven't come up with any yet. I used this text only tutorial which was pretty simple once you sat down and started doing it. This particular project is very time consuming, especially if you're using tiny seed beads like I did. I probably sat down for an hour or so at a time for a few nights, but I did make this one 21" long so that it would wrap around 3 times.


Look how much these bracelets retail for!! Mine was made with some leather laces picked up in NY for a few bucks and some extra seed beads for maybe $2. Maybe if I factored in the time (about 3-4 hours) I could justify $20 a pop but that's pushing it for how simple these are.
I didn't take any step by step photos, mostly because it was so tedious and I just wanted to be done with it. Hopefully I will make a few more of these and can list them in my shop soon. Maybe if it continues to rain every evening I'll make that my project to do while watching TV after dinner. I think I also need to get some more audio books...wow digress much? Anywho, look at how awesome my new bracelet is!



Now I'm starting to see tutorials for TRIPLE ROW wrap bracelets! Unfortunately every tutorial I've found has been for sale only. Someone needs to figure this out ASAP. Look how gorgeous these are! Hell, if I can find one under $5 I might have to actually purchase it ;)

1 comment: